Healthy Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies
- 1/2 cup zucchini shredded
- 1/3 cups applesauce
- 1 cup water 1 cup + 2 tbs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbs flax meal
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 cup + 2 tbs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Splenda or Stevia
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients and let sit at least 5 minutes. (Tip: shred zucchini in a food processor for fine shreds.)
- Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl, and stir very well. Pour wet into dry, stir until evenly mixed, then pour into the baking dish.
- Using a full sheet of parchment or wax paper, press down very firmly until the brownie batter evenly covers the pan.
- Bake 19-20 minutes, then pat down hard with a pancake spatula or another sheet of parchment. (If still undercooked, it’s fine. Just fridge overnight and they’ll firm up!)
- Let zucchini brownies sit 15 minutes before trying to cut into squares, and if at all possible wait until the next day to eat them. They will be twice as flavorful!
Calories: 131kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!