Healthy Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Quinoa Egg Muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 tbs ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained, rinsed and chopped
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place cupcake liners into a 12 muffin tin and spray generously with cooking spray. Alternatively, you could use a silicone BPA-free muffin baking pan or individual silicone BPA-free muffin cups. Then you won't have to use the cupcake liners. Also, foil lined baking cups work well. Also, you could make the egg bake in an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and then cut into squares. DO NOT bake the egg muffins directly in the muffin tin, they will stick!
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites for 30 seconds. Add flax/chia seeds, feta cheese, onion (garlic) powder, salt, pepper and whisk to combine. Add quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mix. Fill each muffin with egg mixture 3/4 full. If you have extra mixture bake in additional ramekins but do not overfill. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the egg muffins from the muffin tin and slide onto a platter. Serve hot (I like to add a few drops of Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce on top).
Calories: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 8gFat: 2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 220mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!