Iced Gingerbread Protein Donuts
- 2 scoops low carb vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 cup Splenda/Stevia
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1 scoop low carb vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp Splenda/Stevia (optional)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then mix in wet ingredients.
- Spoon batter into a sealable baggie and cut off one corner to make a piping bag. Use piping bag to squeeze batter into doughnut wells.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until firm. Be careful not to overbake!!
- While doughnuts cool, mix up your icing. Spread icing over cooled doughnuts and enjoy!
Calories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 13gFat: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!