Italian Chicken & Artichokes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 24 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 oz chicken or turkey smoked sausage cut into 1/4 in thick slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms quartered
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 15 oz can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir chicken and sausages in oil frequently, until both are starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and stir often until mushrooms are limp, about 5 minutes. Add wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, artichokes, and onions; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Partially cover pan and cook until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 292kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 32gFat: 11gSodium: 801mgSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!