Italian Sausage and White Beans
Savory Italian sausage and beans combine for a quick and easy weeknight meal. If you're lucky, you'll have some leftovers for next day's lunch.
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans (or other white beans, drained)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage, and cook 8 minutes, or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in oregano and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 21gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 851mgFiber: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!