Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (Low Carb Recipe)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz dark chocolate finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbs salted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg until well-mixed, 1-2 minutes on low. Add softened butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract, then beat together for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour and baking soda, stirring until well-mixed.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and beat together until just starting to form a cohesive dough. Add almond milk and stir with a wooden utensil until the dough absorbs the milk and becomes moist.
- Stir chocolate chunks into the dough until evenly distributed. Refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- Shape the dough into 20 balls about 1-2 inches in diameter, using your hands to roll them into smooth balls.
- Place them on the pan 1-2 inches apart from each other. Flatten the balls into cookie shapes.
- Bake at 350 F until the cookies start turning lightly brown on top, about 20 minutes. Start monitoring after 15 minutes of baking and remove when done.
This recipe yields 1.5 g net carbs per serving (1 cookie). Nutrition information does not include erythritol, which cannot be digested by the body. This also assumes Lily's brand of dark chocolate (4g net carbs per 40g serving), which is 55% cocoa and has no sugar added.
Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 20mgFiber: 3.5gSugar: 0.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!