Lemon Chicken and Spaghetti Squash
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 2 tbs olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 20 oz chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
For the Sauce:
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375˚F/200˚C. Poke several holes in a straight line down the center of the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half along the holes. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle squash with 1 tbs olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Using a skillet, cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat with 1 tbs olive oil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash. Pour sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.
Calories: 321kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 34gFat: 9gSodium: 159mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!