Lemon Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 tbs lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 18 oz chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb broccolini trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook brown rice according to directions.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Add brown sugar, mirin, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn; drizzle 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixture over chicken.
- Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until done.
- Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add Broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place 1/2 cup rice in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 4 ounces chicken and 4 ounces Broccolini.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon remaining soy sauce mixture over each serving.
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 31gFat: 7gSodium: 666mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!