Pile on the flavor but not the fat with these lightened-up loaded nachos featuring lean ground beef, baked tortilla chips, low-fat cream and fat-free refried beans.
- 8 ounces ground round
- 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14.5 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 16 ounce can fat-free refried beans with mild chiles
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 27 chips baked tortilla chips (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tbps low-fat sour cream
- 27 pickled jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in the bell peppers and next 5 ingredients (bell peppers through garlic), and cook for 8 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Place pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add beans, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons green onions; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Place chips on a large serving platter; spread warm bean mixture over each chip. Spoon meat mixture over bean mixture; top with cheese. Bake at 375° for 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; top with sour cream, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons onions. Top with jalapeño pepper slices, if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 37gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 449mgFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!