Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Bring the water, bouillon cubes, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl.
- Gently stir the chicken, onion, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, parsley, chives, and salt into the quinoa. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
Calories: 356kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 33gFat: 11gSodium: 1367mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!