Mexican Breakfast Quiche
- 8 oz fat free cream cream (reduced fat is fine too)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups cups 1% milk
- 1 lb 93% ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cups sliced green onions
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- Optional: salsa, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado/guacamole for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a pan. Stir in taco seasoning according to directions on package.
- Add red pepper, green onions, and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss together.
- In a separate large bowl, soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add whole eggs to cream cheese and whisk until combined. Add egg whites, and milk with and whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture overbeef mixture in pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Serve with salsa or diced tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, or guacamole.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 39gFat: 7gSodium: 712mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!