No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Drop Cookies
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips 60%
- 1/2 cup salted butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe plastic cup (the plastic cup will keep the chocolate from scalding). Melt in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until almost all the chips have melted. Stir chocolate to melt any remaining chips. Heating too long will result in burnt chocolate. Set chocolate aside while completing step 2.
- Combine butter, milk, and vanilla. Heat in mircowave until butter is melted and milk is steaming. You don't want to boil the milk, just scald it. Ours took about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate to the milk mixture and stir well to incorporate the chocolate.
- Add oats to mixture and stir to coat oats well. Repeat adding the coconut.
- Refrigerate mixture for about 15 minutes. While mixture is chilling, line a cooking sheet or two with wax paper.
- Using two spoons, scoop up about 1 tbsp of mixture and 'drop' onto wax paper. Flatten tops of cookies to form a cookie shape. - OR - Using your hands pick up about 1 tbsp of mixture and roll/squish into a ball and set on wax paper. Flatten tops of cookies to form a cookie shape
- Chill cookies in refrigerator for 1 hour to set. Refrigerate cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- *Note - If desired you can add desired amount of sugar or sugar substitute to milk mixture before heating it up. This WILL change the nutritional values.
- Also if desired you can use different chocolate chips but note that it WILL change the nutritional values.
Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSodium: 30mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!