One Pot Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic powder finely chopped
- 1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz whole grain spaghetti or linguine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil. Stir to submerge noodles in liquid.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
- Uncover; stir in salt. Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Use fresh grape tomatoes instead, and add fresh herbs.
- Swap out spaghetti for any short pasta shape, such as elbow macaroni, rotini, or shells.
- Try adding chicken, shrimp, salmon, ground beef, or ground turkey for a heartier dish.
Calories: 206kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 10gFat: 5gSodium: 555mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!