Oven Baked BBQ Chili
- 2 pounds lean stewing beef or braising steak cut into 1 cm cubes
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 2 green peppers seeded and diced
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chopped tomatoes in juce, undrained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 350 (or 180 Celsius), then combine all the ingredients in a casserole or roasting tin.
- Cover the pot, and bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours in total.
- This could also be cooked in a slow cooker - 2-3 hours HIGH/4-6 hours LOW
Calories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 37gFat: 8gSodium: 857mgFiber: 5gSugar: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!