Paleo Crockpot Jambalaya Soup
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 peppers, chopped any color you want
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large can of organic diced tomatoes leave the juice
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound large shrimp, raw and de-veined
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 1 package spicy Andouille sausage
- 1/2-1 head cauliflower
- 2 cup okra (optional)
- 3 TBSP Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot (or hot sauce of your choice)
- Put the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, cajun seasoning, Red Hot, and bay leafs in the crockpot with the chicken stock. As you can see, I grabbed a container of my homemade stock directly from the freezer and threw it in. Set on low for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it’s finished, toss in the cut up sausages.
- While this is cooking quickly make cauliflower rice by pulsing raw cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles rice.
- For the last 20 minutes, add in the cauliflower rice and the raw shrimp. Note: You can choose to quickly steam the cauliflower rice in the microwave and serve the jambalaya OVER it as well.
Calories: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 21gFat: 8gSodium: 3477mgFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!