Paleo Pad Thai
- 1 medium spaghetti squash seeds removed and cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 heads baby bok choy sliced crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 6 scallions white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup tangy peanut dressing (recipe below)
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 TBSP fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ume plum vinegar
- 1/8 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Place a metal steamer basket in a large pot and add three inches of water. Steam the spaghetti squash in the basket for 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove the spaghetti squash from the basket and allow to slightly cool so you can handle.
- While the squash is cooking and cooling, create the tangy peanut sauce. Puree the lime juice, ginger, garlic, and vinegar until very smooth. Blend in the almond butter and coconut milk until throughly combined. Divide 1/4 cup for your pad Thai and store the rest in a glass jar for up to three days.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop the spaghetti squash out of the skin and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for eight to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the broccoli and sauté for about 10 minutes, under tender. Stir in the bok choy and sauté for three to four minutes, until wilted. Add the squash to the skillet, stir briefly to incorporate, then add the scallions and cilantro.
- Top with toasted cashews and tangy peanut sauce. Serve hot!
Calories: 367kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 14gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 306mgFiber: 7gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!