Polenta Parmigiana Recipe
- 1 lb polenta, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce, warmed
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place polenta in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with olive oil. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Spoon pasta sauce over polenta slices. Top each with a mozzarella cheese slice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Sodium: 273mgFiber: 1gCholesterol: 12mgCalories: 108kcalFat: 7gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!