Protein Pumpkin Apple Cheesecake Tarts
Yield: 6 mini tarts
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Splenda or Stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets thawed
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 small apples very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Place mini tart pans on a baking sheet
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, pumpkin, protein powder, egg, vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until combined and smooth.
- Remove core from apples and thinly slice using a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Combine remaining 2 tbs sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Next, lay a single sheet of phyllo pastry flat on a cutting board. Spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle to the edges with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top. Use a pizza cutter to cut dough in half lengthwise and then into thirds. Place three squares on top of each other making sure to offset the corners from each other.
- Place cheesecake mixture into a quart sized ziplock bag or pastry bag. Cut off tip and squeeze to fill each tart evenly.
- Place apple slices in a circular pattern, letting them slightly overlap as you go around. Place a pecan or walnut half in the center.
- Bake tarts for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and phyllo pastry is a deep golden brown.
- Let cool and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
This recipe can also easily be doubled and make into a full cheesecake with 12 servings.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 425mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g