Protein Pumpkin Apple Cheesecake Tarts
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets thawed
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 small apples very thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 375* F. Place mini tart pans on a baking sheet
- 2.Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tbs sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Lay a single sheet of phyllo pastry flat on a cutting board. Spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle to the edges with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Fold sheet into thirds and press gently to flatten. Cut in half.
- 4. Place one square into a mini tart pan and gently press down around the bottom edge. Repeat with the second square, but offset the corners from the first one.
- 5. Place a scant 1/2 cup of the cheesecake mixture into each tart pan. Place apple slices in a circular pattern, letting them slightly overlap as you go around. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of apples.
- 6. Bake tarts for 20-25 minutes or until center is set and phyllo pastry is a deep golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
This recipe can also easily be doubled and make into a full cheesecake with 12 servings.
Calories: 217kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 13gFat: 7gSodium: 425mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!