Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups raw pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 30 oz chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1 cup garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs canned chipotle peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Heat the chicken stock in a medium saucepan and add the pumpkin. Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken/turkey, chickpeas, chipotles, salsa verde, garlic powder, coriander and cumin. Simmer another 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender
- Stir in the sour cream and serve. Garnish with shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, avocado, sour cream, red onions, fresh lime juice and or anything else you can pile on top! It’s that easy!
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 33gFat: 3gSodium: 3255mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!