- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tsp vegetable oil as needed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies 10oz cans
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground chicken and break into small pieces while cooking until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked quinoa and diced tomatoes into the chicken mixture; bring to a simmer and cook long enough for the flavors to meld, about 10 minutes more.
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 30gFat: 7gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!