Quinoa Egg Bake
- 1 tsp butter or butter substitute
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 1.25 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tbps garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded romano or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch glass or metal baking dish with butter; set aside.
- Put quinoa into a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear; drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Stir in spinach, then pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Cover tightly with foil then jiggle dish gently from side to side so that quinoa settles on the bottom in an even layer. Bake until just set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.
Calories: 247kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 19gFat: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!