Reduced Sugar Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 small ripe banana mashed
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners
- In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, mashed banana, Splenda, coconut milk, egg, and oil. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 12 servings
Sodium: 163mgSugar: 2gFiber: 2gCalories: 116kcalFat: 5gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!