Ricotta, Tomato & Spinach Frittata
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 large onions finely sliced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 5 cups egg whites
- 1. Heat oven to 390* F. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and toss for 1 min to soften.
- 2. Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 9x13 rectangular baking dish. Take small scoops of the ricotta and dot over the vegetables.
- 3. Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 30-35 mins until pale golden and set.
Calories: 333kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 35gFat: 14gSodium: 516mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!