Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers
- 5/8 tsp salt divided
- 3/4 tsp fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 6 4oz chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots about one large
- 1 cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle spice rub over chicken. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; cook 1 minute. Arrange chicken in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until done.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, shallots, and rosemary; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve bell pepper mixture over chicken.
Calories: 195kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 27gFat: 6gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!