Rosemary-Onion Dinner Rolls
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup + 2 TBSP flax meal (use golden flax for the lightest roll)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary (or 1 1/2 TBSP fresh, chopped rosemary)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4-1 cup water
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease loaf pan or muffin pan with some olive oil. Beat the eggs, 4 T. olive oil and 1/2 c. of the water in a large mixing bowl. Measure all dry ingredients on top of the egg mixture and stir/beat well. Batter will be quite stiff. Gradually add more water in small increments and beat after each addition until batter is smooth/soft enough to be spooned into muffin pans. I used a square muffin pan making these. You want it fairly thick! Spoon into muffin cups nearly full, as these don’t rise too much. I actually used a square muffin pan, with 1″ deep wells.
- Optional: Before baking, sprinkle a few poppy seeds or crushed minced onion on top.
- Pop into 350º oven for about 20 minutes (30-40 minutes for a single loaf of bread). Cool slightly before attempting to remove them from the pan.
Calories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 6gFat: 13gSodium: 83mgFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!