Rum-Marinated Chicken Breasts with Pineapple Relish
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs Caribbean hot sauce ex. Pickapappa Sauce
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 8oz bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 small pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp dark rum
- 1/4 tsp Caribbean hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 lime wedges
- To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from bag, reserving marinade; set chicken aside. Let marinade stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Set marinade aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- To prepare relish, place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until soft and browned around the edge. Cool slightly; chop. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients (bell pepper through 1/8 teaspoon salt); set aside.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Remove and discard skin.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; cook 1 minute. Drizzle cooked marinade over chicken. Serve chicken with relish and lime wedges.
Calories: 288kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 30gFat: 4.5gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!