Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties thawed
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 6 lite English muffins
- 6 (1 oz) slices 2% cheddar cheese slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add sausage patties to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Scramble eggs, egg whites and green onions in a bowl. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Pour eggs into pan and cook until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- Place 12 muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and immediately top 6 halves with a slice of cheddar cheese. Turn oven off and return pan to warm oven to allow cheese to melt for 1-2 more minutes.
- Place sausage patty on top of cheese. Divide eggs evenly onto the 6 muffin halves and top with remaining 6 muffin halves.
Tip: To prepare fresh each morning, divide the scrambled eggs evenly into 6 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Each morning toast an english muffin in the toaster. Place a thawed sausage patty, 1 egg muffin and 1 slice of cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH. Assemble your sandwich and enjoy!
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 26gFat: 13gSodium: 680mgFiber: 8gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!