Sausage, Spinach & Spaghetti Squash Bake – Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brown the sausage links in a medium saute pan. Remove and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, then add the slices back to the pan. Add the olive oil, spaghetti squash, spinach, garlic powder, and nutmeg into the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Spread the sausage and spaghetti squash mixture in a pie plate or 8 inch casserole dish. Top with the hot marinara sauce and shredded cheese (if using). Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve hot.
To make this low carb dinner recipe even easier, here are a few tips: 1) Cook your spaghetti squash in advance and freeze it in 1 cup portions. Then simply put it in the fridge the morning you plan to make this and go about your day – by the time you get ready to make dinner it should be ready to go. 2) Use frozen chopped spinach in bags – simply shake out the amount you need and thaw in the microwave for 2 minutes – it’s ready to use and just as nutritious as fresh!
Calories: 246kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 18gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1094mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!