- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 8 oz tomato sauce no salt added
- 2 cups vegetable stock no salt added
- 12 oz peeled and deveined shrimp 18/19 counter pound
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Saute the onions in a large pan set over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and celery, cook another two minutes, then add the peppers, spices and tomato paste to the pan, stirring as the mixture cooks another two minutes.
- Slowly add the tomato sauce and stock to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for two minutes.
- Serve over brown rice (nutrition info included).
Calories: 302kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 23gFat: 5gFiber: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!