- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large white onions
- 6 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tbs AP flour
- 4 lbs fresh shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbs paprika
- 1 1/2-2 cups water or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute onions, celery and garlic for about 45 minutes or until they are cooked down.
- Stir in flour and cook briefly, do not brown. Stir in chopped shrimp and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour in 1 1/2-2 cups of water or vegetable stock and mushrooms. Stir in paprika and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 minutes. Should be a thick and have a gravy-like consistency.
Calories: 274kcalFat: 11gProtein: 35gCarbohydrates: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!