Shrimp, Tomato & Spinach Pasta in a Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp shelled and deveined
- 5 medium tomatoes cut into large cubes
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- 10 oz fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until melted. Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Make sure shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side. While it's cooking, generously sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side.
- To the skillet with shrimp, add chopped fresh tomatoes, cooked spinach, and remaining amount of minced garlic. Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more). Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
- In the mean time cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking and getting mushy.
- Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice (depending on the juiciness of your lemon, it could be 1/4 of small lemon or 1/2 lemon). Don't add too much lemon juice. Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm it up on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through.
- To serve, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 394kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 25gFat: 15gSodium: 602mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!