Singapore Chicken Rice
- 2 6 oz chicken breasts
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced ginger
- 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- Sriracha or chili paste to taste
- Prepare brown rice with 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup water; add half of the sliced ginger to rice while it cooks.
- Bring water in a cooking pot to a boil, reduce to a low rolling boil and add chicken breasts. Cook for 8 minutes or until done.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add sesame oil, fresh garlic, and remaining ginger.
- Stir continually until garlic begins to crisp. Add soy sauce.
- When chicken is done, cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- To serve, put 1/2 cup of brown rice, 4 oz diced chicken, and 1/4 of sliced cucumber in a bowl. Top with garlic mixture
- For added spice, top with Sriracha or chili paste.
Calories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 17gFat: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!