Skillet Herbed Chicken with Mustard
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs dried tarragon
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 boneless/ skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup white wine
- In a small bowl, blend Dijon mustard and honey. Mix in the tarragon, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and brush on both sides with the Dijon mustard mixture. Pour 1/4 cup wine around the chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced.
- Pour another 1/4 cup wine around the chicken, and continue to cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, reserving remaining liquid.
- Mix remaining wine into the skillet. Increase heat to medium, and scrape up browned bits. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by about 1/3. Serve as a sauce over the chicken.
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 28gFat: 9gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!