Skinny Mexican Breakfast Casserole (meatless)
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk 1%
- 3/4 cup green onion sliced thin
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- 6 large eggs
- 6 cups egg whites
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 2 cup reduced fat Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 9 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together taco seasoning, red pepper, green onions, and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss together.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, and milk with a whisk until combined.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of your prepared casserole dish, tearing if needed to fit the bottom of the dish.
- Top the tortillas with half of the vegetable mixture. Layer 3 more tortillas on top, then top those tortillas with the remaining vegetable mixture. Top that layer with the 3 remaining tortillas. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover casserole tightly and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove the cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese on top to brown and crisp slightly. Serve with salsa or diced tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, or guacamole.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!