Skinny Mexican Breakfast Casserole (Meatless)
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups cups 1% milk
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cups sliced green onions
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 9 corn tortillas
- Optional: salsa, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado/guacamole for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together taco seasoning red pepper, green onions, and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss together.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, and milk with a whisk until combined.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of your prepared casserole dish, tearing if needed to fit the bottom of the dish.
- Top the tortillas with half of the cheese mixture. Layer 3 more tortillas on top, then top those tortillas with the remaining cheese mixture. Top that layer with the 3 remaining tortillas. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Cover casserole tightly and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove the cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese on top to brown and crisp slightly.
- Serve with salsa or diced tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, or guacamole.
Calories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 33gFat: 8gSodium: 855mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!