Slow-cooked Curried Chicken with Cauliflower
- 3 1/2 TBSP grapeseed oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint or coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into large florets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 TBSP salt
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 3 cups chicken stock low-sodium canned or homemade
- 1/3-1/2 cups prepared South Asian curry paste
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil; add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the curry paste and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Whisk the broth with all the aromatics in the pan; then pour the liquid into a slow cooker. Whisk the yogurt into the liquid.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, lentils and remaining salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours, adding cauliflower and chickpeas about half way through cooking.
- Divide curry evenly into bowls and scatter freshly torn mint or coriander on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Calories: 662kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 48gFat: 18gSodium: 2894mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!