Slow-Cooker Cuban Flank Steak
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 lbs beef flank cut into 8 pieces
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- Spray 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place onion and peppers. Top with beef. Sprinkle with chili powder, oregano, garlic and salt. Drizzle with lime juice. Add broth.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, cook rice as directed on package.
- Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred beef with 2 forks; return to cooker and mix well. Stir in black beans. Increase heat setting to high. Cover; cook about 15 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Serve beef and sauce over rice.
Calories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 31gFat: 8gSodium: 464mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!