Slow Cooker Latin Chicken with Black Beans and Sweet Potato
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar roasted red pepper strips drained
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine smoked paprika, allspice, chicken broth, salsa, garlic, and cumin in a small bowl.
- In 6-quart slow cooker, combine beans and sweet potatoes. Place chicken on top of potato mixture in slow cooker; pour broth mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook as manufacturer directs, on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- With tongs or slotted spoon, remove chicken pieces to large platter. Gently stir roasted red pepper strips into potato mixture. Spoon mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 313kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 35gFat: 5gSodium: 588mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!