Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 28 ounces jar pasta sauce
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 8 ounces packaged fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chops over medium-high heat. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In the same pan, cook onion in oil over medium heat until browned. Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper, and cook until these vegetables are soft. Mix in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine. Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic. Pour over pork chops in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours. To serve, place a slice of cheese over each chop, and cover with sauce.
Calories: 347kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 31gFat: 12gSodium: 654mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!