Slow Cooker Turkey Enchilada Quinoa
- 30 ounces extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 ounces canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces canned enchilada sauce
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey until no pink remains. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the uncooked quinoa, the black beans, frozen corn, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, and jalapeno, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or until the liquid is all absorbed into the mixture.
- Remove the lid and stir everything again. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top. Replace the lid and let the cheese melt. Top with the chopped green onions and cilantro.
Calories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 29gFat: 5gSodium: 508mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!