Southwestern Chicken Soup
- cooking spay
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1/4 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can Northern Beans minced and drained, 16 oz can
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken breast skinless, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup tomato seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup avocado diced and peeled
- 1 tbs lime juice fresh
- 6 lime wedges
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth, rice, cumin, and beans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes
- Stir in chicken, cilantro, pepper, and salt; simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, and stir in tomato, avocado, and juice.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 28gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gFiber: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!