Southwestern Quinoa Salad With Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or filtered water)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lime (juice from lime)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 8 cups mixed greens
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, no stems
- 1/2 TBSP raw honey substitute maple syrup or palm sugar if vegan
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth/water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa softens and liquid evaporates — about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare vinaigrette by placing lime juice, white wine vinegar, cilantro, honey, salt, garlic, and Dijon mustard into a blender and processing until smooth. While blender is running, add olive oil in a slow steady stream until blended and thickened, about 15 seconds.
- Once quinoa has softened and liquid has evaporated, remove from heat, cool, and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for mixed greens, and mix gently to combine.
- Divide mixed greens evenly among four plates, top with quinoa mixture, drizzle with vinaigrette, and serve.
Calories: 433kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 12gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 234mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!