Spicy Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tbs tumeric
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces. Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and set on medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts. Do not worry about seasoning—that part comes later.
- Spray another nonstick skillet with coconut oil and place on medium heat. Add the red onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute until the red onion is nearly translucent.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, and seasonings to the skillet. Stir with a spatula. Let the sauce simmer, and then cover. Reduce to low heat to allow the sauce to cook and thicken.
- Add cooked, chopped chicken breasts into the coconut curry mixture. Stir with a spatula and cook covered for about 5 minutes on low heat. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the sauce to thicken.
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 26gFat: 5gSodium: 671mgSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!