Spicy Orange Beef
- 1 bag boil-in-bag brown rice (3 1/2-ounce)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion (1-inch slices)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine rice and salt, tossing well.
- Combine garlic, pepper, and beef, tossing well.
- Combine rind, juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture and onions; saute 2 minutes. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve beef mixture over rice.
Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 27gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 627mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!