Spinach and Feta Rolls
- 1 fresh spinach 10 oz. package
- 1 butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbs white wine dry
- 1/2 tsp oragano dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black powder
- 18 phyllo pastry sheets thawed
- Bring spinach to a boil in a medium saucepan with water. Continue cooking until spinach leaves wilt then drain well.
- Place nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- When skillet is hot add the onions and saute until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the spinach, ricotta cheese, feta, wine, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Take out 1 phyllo sheet at a time and place on a damp towel. Coat first sheet with cooking spray and top with a second sheet and again coat with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven tor 350 degrees.
- Cut the double stacked phyllo sheets into 5 strips, each should be about 3 1/4 inches wide.
- Mound 2 teaspoons of the spinach mixture at one end of strip, then fold in edges and roll up.
- Repeat stacking the phyllo sheets, cutting into strips then rolling up with spinach mixture until all mixture and sheets are used.
- Place rolls on an un-greased baking sheet, seam side down, and coat with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!