Spinach and Ricotta Turkey Meatloaf
- 20 ounces 99% lean ground turkey
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 1 cup Parmesean cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (wheat)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup marinara
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until mixed. (It's best to do this with your clean hands)
- In a baking dish lightly greased or lined with parchment paper, form the turkey mixture into roughly a 3-4 inch thick loaf.
- Evenly pour the marinara over the loaf and top with mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Once the meatloaf is finished, remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and a salad if you wish!
Calories: 322kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 39gFat: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!