Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- 3 1/2 lbs spaghetti squash seeded
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 tbs butter
- olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Pierce squash with a fork and either cook in the microwave on high for 5-6 minutes per pound, or roast in the oven, whole for 30-40 minutes per pound, or until tender. The skin of the squash is very thick and difficult to cut, so I just cook the whole squash, and then remove the seeds after cooking. For this recipe I used the microwave, and it worked great.
- When the squash is tender, remove and cut in half and remove the seeds of the squash. Place shredded spaghetti squash in a large pasta bowl.
- Then preheat a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil, add onions, mushrooms and a little kosher salt. Saute until softened. Add garlic and wilt in spinach. Then add a little more kosher salt and the sun-dried tomatoes. Melt in butter and add vegetables to squash. Serve with fresh bread.
Calories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 331mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!