Sweet and Smoky Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 6 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 6 toasted pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pumpkin, onion, and garlic in a large metal bowl. In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over pumpkin cubes and mix well. Place pumpkin flat on a baking pan, using a plastic spatula to ensure all liquid transfers from the bowl to the pan.
- Tear bay leaves into 4 pieces each and place between pumpkin cubes.
- Roast for 30 minutes until pumpkin cubes are softened.
- Pour cold chicken broth into a blender and add cooked pumpkin, again using a plastic spatula to ensure all liquid is transferred. Blend to desired consistency.
- Transfer soup to a pot on the stove and heat to a simmer over low heat. Stir in chili pepper, and pepper and salt to taste. When thickened to desired texture, serve topped with pecans, if desired.
Carbohydrates: 33gProtein: 7gFat: 19gSodium: 219mgFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!