Sweet Turkey Burger
- 1 lb ground turkey breast 99% fat free
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 2 whole gala apples sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup avocado pureed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- Combine the ground turkey breast, red onion, oats, apples, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Once well mixed, form into four patties.
- In another bowl, mix together the avocado, honey, Dijon mustard, and diced red pepper. Set aside.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side. You can also pan-fry these in a little olive oil if you prefer.
- Once the burgers are golden, remove and serve with some of the Dijon mustard sauce on top.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 35gFat: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!