Taco Turkey Casserole
- 12 corn tortillas
- 15 oz refried beans fat free
- 1 lb ground turkey 99% fat free
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 oz 2% reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cup non fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pan-fry meat over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning, water, onions, and peppers. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Lightly coat a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and cover bottom with six corn tortillas.
- Spread half a can of fat-free refried beans over the tortillas, followed by half of the taco meat, half a cup of salsa, and one cup of cheese.
- Arrange six more tortillas over first layer, followed by remaining beans, taco meat, cheese, and another half cup of salsa.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into eight equal pieces. Before serving, top with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, sliced black olives, nonfat plain Greek yogurt (omit if vegan), and fresh cilantro.
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 30gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!